August 7 is the 44th anniversary of the discovery of the first Marbled Murrelet nest in California, in 1974. Celebrate! Find information on the Marbled Murrelet and share it. We are celebrating today with Maria Ruth, author of Rare Bird, as she recreates the nest discovery day in this light-hearted video. We are encouraged to learn all we can to prepare for next month, when the revised Draft Environmental Impact Statement (RDEIS) on the preferred alternative is released by the Department of Natural Resources. This is the next important step in Washington developing a long-term conservation strategy for the Marbled Murrelet. And the going is going to be rough! If you are near the coast in Washington state, look for Marbled Murrelets on the water. Take a picture if you can! Send to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us where you took the picture! Follow the Marbled Murrelet Survival Project on Faceook.
- Senator Murray and Congressman Kilmer Introduce Wild Olympics Bill
- Latest Science on the Marbled Murrelet: In the Forest and Out on the Water
- On the Banks of the River of Hope – The Elwha’s Lost Mile
- Pollinators, Birds, Fish Lose in the Battle Over Preserving Natural Soundscapes of the Olympic Peninsula – Learn More
- Support Dabob Bay and Devils Lake Natural Areas Now!